“Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood? Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear…”
- Your light will break forth like the dawn (verse 8).
- Your healing will quickly appear (verse 8).
- Your righteousness will go before you (verse 8).
- The glory of the Lord will be your rear guard (verse 8).
- You will call and the Lord will answer (verse 9).
- You will cry for help, and he will say, “Here am I” (verse 9).
- Your light will arise in the darkness (verse 10).
- Your night will become like the noonday (verse 10).
- The Lord will guide you always (verse 11).
- The Lord will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land (verse 11).
- The Lord will strengthen your frame (verse 11).
- You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail (verse 11).
- Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations (verse 12).
- You will be called repairer of broken walls (verse 12).
- You will be a restorer of streets with dwellings (verse 12).
- You will find your joy in the Lord (verse 14).
- You will rise on the heights of the land (verse 14).
- You will feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob (verse 14).
There are some spiritually difficult circumstances where we will only see the breakthrough when prayer is combined with fasting. You may be praying for a lost son or daughter or someone trapped in drugs and alcohol. You may be praying for a breakthrough in a needy nation. Prayer with fasting multiplies your effectiveness.
By Debbie Przybylski
Intercessors Arise International