“Prayer is the key to reaching the world with the Gospel of Jesus. The greatest forces of power in the universe are mobilized, and history is made when we pray. God is looking for men who will stand in the gap on behalf of the land.” (Ezekiel 22:30, Isaiah 59:16, 63:5)
It says in Isaiah 56:7, “My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.” In traveling to many nations, it is evident that there is a rising interest in prayer and worship around the world. God is certainly raising up a worldwide prayer movement which will change the atmosphere of every nation. May we have faith together in the establishment of day and night prayer around the world.
“Isaiah the prophet had a lot to say about this global prayer movement. He described a time when God’s people worldwide will experience unusual grace and authority in prayer. He summarized this by declaring, God will name His Church a ‘house of prayer’. This prophetic naming is in itself a promise of functioning in grace empowered prayer. Imagine naming the Church a ‘praying church’. All over the earth, it will become common to hear of intercessory worship ministries that continue non-stop, 24 hours a day. God has established in the genetic code a passion to reach ‘all nations’. It will result in bringing the outcasts of the earth to Jesus (Isaiah 56:8). These 24-hour-a-day prayer ministries are vital to reaching the cities in the 10/40 window.” Mike Bickle
We need to see the big picture for our city, for our nation and for the world. It appears to me that God is uniting a powerful prayer movement worldwide, and in a supernatural way, He is uniting all of us. As we move from place to place and from one country to another, I sense a connection that is powerful. What God is doing in your area is connected and important to other areas. We desperately need each other. The present task now for each one of us is to connect in unity and prayer in our city. Let us ask for God’s powerful anointing in the foundation laying of each one of these 24/7’s and that they would be built by the spirit of God and function in grace and joy empowered prayer and worship.
A Worldwide Prayer Movement is Emerging
Prayer warriors, you are involved in the greatest ministry on earth. The prayer movement around the world is exploding. Let us pray regarding the following shifts in the prayer movement. Pray that the prayer movement in your city becomes contagious!
- From private kingdoms to God’s kingdom – The time of private agendas and programs is over. More and more intercessors and prayer leaders are realizing that united prayer is the key to spiritual breakthrough.
- From prayer lists to spirit-inspired warfare prayers – The Holy Spirit is fresh and creative and He helps us to pray to-the-point under his direction.
- From individual intercessors to praying churches – God is mobilizing whole churches to pray for their city, town or region. Praying churches have great authority at a city level. When churches pray with other churches there is even greater authority!
- From old faithfuls to young radicals – God needs both, but he is now raising up young prayer soldiers with the mentality of Joshua, Gideon and David, who will change the spiritual landscape of the world.
- From programs to living altars – The Holy Spirit is leading Christians into a lifestyle of prayer, a divine partnership of Jesus with his Church, so that the things that have been prepared in heaven will become reality down here.
- From miscellaneous hits to a prayer saturation strategy – An increasing number of cities and nations are discovering the power of long-term strategy.
“Isaiah also prophesied of a totally new paradigm of prayer characterized by ‘joy’. The Lord promised, ‘I will make you joyful in My house of prayer (Isa. 56:7). The Church will be surprised by joy. In other words, God will fill the Church with enjoyable prayer that is ‘refreshing and invigorating’. Imagine the implications of a paradigm of ‘enjoyable prayer’. The climate within the body of Christ would be different because of deep parternership in prayer with the Eternal Intercessor who is our Bridegroom God. If God is not enjoyable, it will not happen 24 hours a day. Historically, prayer has been hard and thus greatly neglected but new days of refreshing prayer are breaking forth even now.” Mike Bickle
By Debbie Przybylski
Intercessors Arise International
International House of Prayer (IHOPKC)