From The Power of Praying Together by Stormie Omartian with Jack Hayford.
- Acknowledge God as your heavenly Father. ”Lord, I come before you today and thank you that you are my heavenly Father . . . “
- Praise God for who He is and what He has done.
Recognize how much you have to praise him for every single moment of your life.
- Choose one or more of God’s names, attributes or characteristics and thank Him for being that to you.
“Lord, I thank you that You are Almighty God. You are stronger and more powerful than anything I face or any enemy that opposes me.”
- Present your day to the Lord.
“Lord, I present my day to you and ask You to bless it in every way. I surrender it to you.” Let Him be in charge of your day and order it.
- Present your body to the Lord. “Lord, I present my body to You this day as a living sacrifice and ask you to help me be a good steward of this temple of your spirit.” Presenting your body changes everything, and He helps you to make the right choices.
- Confess your sins before God and ask Him to help you live His way.
“Lord, search me and know my heart. Try me and know my anxieties. See if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting (Psm. 139:23-24). Help me to live in obedience to your ways.” When God reveals any sin, confess it immediately so that you can be cleansed of it.
- Ask God to help you speak only words that bring life.
“Lord, may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart always be acceptable in Your sight (Psm. 19:14). May they bring life and truth to all who hear them.”
- Ask God for what you need.
“Lord, I ask you to meet all my needs today. Specifically I ask for the following . . .”
- Pray for God’s will in your life.
“Lord, may Your will be done in my life this day and every day.”
Submit to His will every day.
- Pray for other people.
Pray as God leads you. Ask