As you think about enjoyable prayer, abundant fruit, heartfelt action, and watchful prayer, begin to imagine the power of heartfelt action when 24/7 prayer is active in your city. Then answer the following questions:
- As you pray, are there times you have felt the heart of God for those you were praying for? – Explain a time when your prayers led to heartfelt and fruitful action? What did you do?
- Enjoyable Prayer + Abiding in Christ = Abundant Fruit – Write a paragraph about this in your own words. Use John 15:4-5,
7-8, and 16-17 in your answer.
- In what way does evangelism and joyful intercession stimulate one another? – Explain your answer using a personal example if possible.
- Study the example of Paul and Silas in Acts 16:16-40 – How did they experience the supernatural power and fruitfulness of God right in those dark prison chambers?
- How can you take action by being a watchman for your city? – Through day and night prayer we can build boundaries of protection around our cities. In what areas does your city need boundaries of protection through prayer? How will you personally take action in your city after you pray?
- Evaluate your prayers individually and corporately as you look at the following ways to bring intercession into your city – Explain each answer, and consider the areas where you feel weak.- Do you cover your city regularly with praise and worship?
– Do you wait on God for insight into how to pray and reach your city?
– What insight has God already given you for your city?
– Do you identify in prayer for the sins of your city? How?
– Do you overcome evil with good by coming in the opposite spirit? Give some examples of action steps you have taken.
– Do you ever travail or pray strong heartfelt prayers for your city? Explain.
– How can your prayers lead to action? What steps can you take personally in reaching your city this month?
By Debbie Przybylski
Intercessors Arise International