“Prayer is the key to reaching the world with the Gospel of Jesus. The greatest forces of power in the universe are mobilized, and history is made when we pray. God is looking for men who will stand in the gap on behalf of the land. Ezekiel 22:30; Isaiah 59:16; 63:5″
Houses of Prayer are spreading all over the world. Prayer rooms are also being established in churches throughout the world. Not only are churches starting them, denominations and Christian organi-zations have started prayer watches.
The Salvation Army in Australia and in England started praying 24/7 for a week in 52 of their branches with immediate results. YWAM, with sixteen bases in Western Europe, set aside an entire year where each base took responsibility for a week, filling the whole year with day and night prayer. In 2005, thirteen denominations and Christian organizations in England alone started filling the whole year with 24/7 prayer.
Several prisons in Argentina have established 24/7, 365-day prayer watches where the inmates pray for their families, communities, their country, fellow inmates, and the world. Inmates are converted and change their lifestyle. Breakthroughs are happening in the prisons. Here’s how you can catch and spread the vision:
- Daily pray that a House of Prayer starts in every city in every nation – Keep on praying for your own city to catch the vision for Houses of Prayer.
- Rejoice that God is awakening the watchmen – Watch the Awaken the Watchmen DVD and others to find out how the 24/7 prayer movement is spreading worldwide. Visit the Jericho Walls website.
- Register your prayer watch – The purpose of this website, Global 24-7, is to register and encourage prayer watches all over the world. This will support what God is doing worldwide and help to link 24/7 prayer in different regions of the world.
- Start a one-month House of Prayer in your city – Use the practical guidelines found in the next chapter as your training manual. Write to us at: intercessorsarise.org, and let us know how God is working in your House of Prayer.
- Start a one-week House of Prayer in your church – You may want to use one my books on prayer to help encourage your church in intercession. See the recommended book list for an extensive list of recommended books on prayer, intercession, revival, fasting, evangelism, intimacy, spiritual warfare, and how to reach cities and nations.
- Learn from other Houses of Prayer. Notice how they are function-ing, and what they teach and emphasize. Observe the creativity in each one. Here are a few House of Prayer websites to encourage your heart in how the 24/7 prayer movement is spreading worldwide, but there are dozens of other websites.
– IHOPKC – 24/7 prayer internationally.
– Succathallel – 24/7 prayer in Israel.
– Justice House of Prayer – 24/7 prayer in Washington D.C. for justice.
– 24-7 Prayer – 24/7 prayer internationally among the youth.
– Hollywood Prayer Network – 24/7 prayer in Hollywood for the media.
– National House of Prayer – 24/7 Prayer in Canada.
I highly recommend the book, Red Moon Rising, by Pete Greig and Dave Roberts. This book gives the amazing story of how the prayer movement is spreading worldwide among the youth. They have 24/7 prayer rooms that have grown into 24/7 prayer houses called “Boiler Rooms” that are modeled after the ancient Celtic monasteries.
These Boiler Rooms are mission-focused and are places of disciplined prayer and outreach to the poor. They pursue missions, justice, hospitality, and prayer. As the world gets darker, they are spreading all over the world at an incredible rate. The vision is catching fire! Here is their incredible testimony:
“A movement to encourage churches to make room for nonstop prayer has spread to 63 nations in the last seven years and is especially multiplying in the United Kingdom, the United States and South Africa. ‘We don’t have a fixed number of prayer rooms because they can take off so quickly,’ said Pete Greig, 37, who founded the 24/7 prayer movement in 1999 in Chichester, England. Named for its nonstop concert of prayer, 24/7 has meeting places as diverse as a bus in the slums of Delhi, India, and a brewery in Missouri. Volunteers pray, usually alone, in one-hour shifts, round the clock, seven days a week for global issues and requests they receive from their international website or from their local communities. Visitors are free to drop in, pray and talk. 24/7 also has planted itself in places where there is a crisis, such as Lebanon during the recent war between Israel and Hezbollah, and in New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina. Teams also live long-term in needy communities in Mexico, where intercessors can be found ministering among pimps and prostitutes.
‘In a squatter’s camp in Soweto, South Africa, we’ve seen 64 prayer tents spring up in just two years,’ Greig said. ‘The local man who spearheads them said 80 percent of new converts in the camp are maintaining their salvation, and the local police chief says crime has dropped by 20 percent.’ Greig said the movement is being fueled by young people who are passionate about prayer, justice and missions.” Josie Newman
This is only a small taste of what is happening worldwide in the area of prayer. Our God is creative, and we see the unique ways he initiates 24/7 prayer in different nations. Day and night prayer will lead to the final gathering of the worldwide harvest. Let’s jump on board and prepare for this harvest and the salvation of millions of souls. As we pray, let’s expect to see many souls saved. It is time for the Gospel to advance.
“If men would pray as they ought to pray, the marvels of the past would be more than reproduced. The Gospel would advance with a facility and power it has never known. Doors would be thrown open to the Gospel, and the Word of God would have a conquering force rarely if ever known before.” E. M. Bounds
By Debbie Przybylski
Intercessors Arise International