Mike Bickle, founder and director of the International House of Prayer started a Global Bridegroom Fast (GBF) several years ago. It’s a monthly three-day fast where believers worldwide join together in prayer and fasting for revival. It’s a monthly fast on the first Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of each month in the pattern of Joel 2, with seven days of fasting in December, totaling forty days of prayer and fasting throughout the year.
I encourage you to try this monthly three-day fast. My husband and I love this fast. Imagine joining others worldwide in a solemn assembly fast. Believe it or not, it is not that hard. God is giving extraordinary grace to fast, and doing it together worldwide seems to be much easier and more powerful.
To help you during the fast, worship and pray with the International House of Prayer in Kansas City live via the free Global Bridegroom Fast webcast. Join us for live, high-quality web-streaming, 24/7 prayer and worship all month. I receive many of my ideas for writing about prayer in the Global Prayer Room. If you don’t know what to pray, then pray these Global Bridegroom Fast prayer requests during your fast:
- Fullness of the Holy Spirit and unity in the Church (John 14:12; 17:2-23). Pray for spiritual breakthroughs in the worldwide Church with unprecedented unity, purity, and power.
- Houses of Prayer (Isaiah 62:6–7). Pray for the release of “grace for fasting” with worship and prayer to establish 24/7 Houses of Prayer in the cities of the earth, including Israel.
- Wealth of the nations (Haggai 2:7–9). Pray for the release of finances for the great harvest, the prayer movement, and the poor.
- The great harvest (Matthew 24:14). Pray that over one billion souls are converted by the power of God.
- A youth revival movement (Malachi 4:6). Pray for a worldwide revival especially among the youth and the poor of the earth.
- Revival to Israel (Romans 9-11). Pray for the fulfillment of all the prophetic promises to national Israel.
- A wall of fire of protection (Zechariah 2:5). Pray for a divine protection over all that is birthed through prayer.
The prayer room is an ideal place to nurture your prayer life during seasons of fasting. It provides a solace from distractions and a place already filled with the Spirit of God. As the Church worldwide moves forward in the prayer movement, let’s realize that fasting, prayer, and seeking God’s face are increasing dramatically across the earth.
Your prayer room is part of a great prayer tapestry that is beginning to cover the earth. Fasting and prayer will increase not only the effectiveness of your intercession, but it will bring you to a place of deeper intimacy with God. And it will prepare the earth for the final harvest and the second coming of Christ the King.
By Debbie Przybylski
Intercessors Arise International