Maybe you are not sure if you would go to heaven when you die. Salvation is a wonderful experience and leads to a fulfilling life. I accepted Jesus into my life over forty years ago, and I wouldn’t trade my relationship with God for anything.
If you are not sure and want to receive Jesus into your life as your personal Savior and Lord, then here is how. Read the following, together with the Bible verses, and with a sincere heart pray the prayer at the end. It will change your life forever. It did mine, and I have never regretted it. Jesus helps me every day of my life, and I know He will help you too.
How to Find Eternal Life
- God loves you – “This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins”
(1 John 4:10).
- You have sinned – “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).
- The result of sin is death and separation from God – “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23).
- Jesus died for your sins – “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).
- Jesus is the way to eternal life – “Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me’” (John 14:6).
- Heaven is a free gift – It can’t be earned or deserved. “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9).
- Receive Jesus today as your Savior – “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).
Admit that you are a sinner and can’t get to heaven yourself. Be willing to turn from your sin. Believe that Jesus died for you on the cross. Through prayer, invite Jesus Christ to come into your life.
Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and need Your forgiveness. I believe that You are God and You died for my sins. Forgive me for my sins. I now invite you to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as the Lord and Savior of my life. Thank you for the free gift of eternal life. In Your name I pray, amen.
After receiving Jesus as your personal Savior, it is important to develop your relationship with Him. He loves you and desires an intimate relationship with you. You can learn more about growing in your relationship with God on the Intercessors Arise website.