The prayer room is a place for encountering God. In the prayer room we learn to adore God. And when we combine fasting with prayer, we can encounter God in a deeper dimension. To apply this training on encountering God, prayerfully do the following:
- Study the benefits of seeking God – Write a paragraph about a time when you sought God’s face in prayer. What did God do in your life as a result?
- Identify any personal transformation – Can you identify any victory or personal transformation that took place in your life as a result of seeking God? Write about it.
- Study the eighteen benefits of fasting in Isaiah 58:6-12 – Write down any benefits you have found in your life as a result of fasting?
- Plan a time of personal fasting – Put it in your schedule for the next week or month. Journal during your fast, writing down
anything the Lord may be saying to you.
- Spend extravagant time adoring God for who He is and what He has done in your life – Practice the section called “Ways to Adore God in the Prayer Room” during your fast and every day this week. End with “A Prayer for Encountering God.”
By Debbie Przybylski
Intercessors Arise International